leaders in diversity
The UDIA Leaders in Diversity Award seeks to acknowledge, encourage and most importantly, promote diversity in development among UDIA members. UDIA encourages its member companies to enter the award in their relevant State from both the public and private sectors:
The aim of the Award is to:
- Identify who are leaders in our sector with regards to diversity in the development industry
- Recognise the positive influence that diversity in development has within organisations and/or the development industry
- Focus on the companies’ role and quality of diversity and involvement in various projects, rather than the size, value or importance of the project itself.
Entrant companies will be required to provide:
- Outline the policies your company has in place to promote diversity in the workplace
- Provide examples of how these diversity policies have improved company performance
- Provide a diversity profile of the company breaking down employees by the Board, senior management, middle management and other levels.
Nominees should be able to demonstrate diversity in the development industry within their organisation or within the development industry as a whole, and should provide examples in which they have incorporated diversity in development into their workplace, the industry or in relation to a specific project/issue.
This award requires a written submission which will be judged based on the responses to the below items.
Following this our Judges will determine if a site visit is relevant or required to the workplace and/or if an interview and presentation component can take place elsewhere.
The interview and presentation will allow entrants the opportunity to further showcase their organisational diversity policies and initiatives and allow the judges to ask more specific questions around their success and effects.
Submissions will be required to provide commentary around the below key areas:
- A detailed overview of the project (physical or otherwise) that your consultancy was involved in, what role you played and how you showcased excellence. Outline the policies your company has in place to promote diversity in the workplace
- Outline the main challenges your team overcame
- Outline the main points of innovation and/or difference exhibited by your consultancy
- Showcase how your consultancy has demonstrated best practice that benefits the development industry